CST 363 - Module 8

 The final week of the class!

This turned out to be a very interesting class. It had its hardships, but after getting through it was rewarding. To keep this brief, I will list the 3 most important things I learned throughout the course.

One being the ability to use MySQL and MongoDB. Having these two database applications under my belt will surely be beneficial in the long run, especially if I want to make my own applications that save user accounts, much like in our group projects with creating a database for prescriptions using a website.

Two being transactions/concurrency. I've never asked myself how an atm would be able to protect one's money under the circumstances of an error in which the user's account is updated before the atm finishes dispensing cash. Now I have an understanding of how databases can be designed with committing, rollbacks, and how transactions can be managed.

Three being how a database is designed. Especially if the database is relational. How each table can interact with one another to return a desired result, without creating duplicate entries/rows in separate tables. This would also involve creating a database in normal form, which ties into reducing redundancy.

Overall, it turned out to be a rewarding experience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 - Module 4

CST 300 - Module 2

CST 300 - Module 3