CST 363 - Module 4

 Now we are half way through the course, and there is quite a few things that I have learned so far. For starters, I have learned a lot about how to use MySQL, using all the basics, using different methods of joining tables, creating views, and subqueiries. I also learned a good bit about normal form, an example being the third normal form, where all non-key columns must depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So if a table has a key of one column, all non-key columns must depend on it, or if there are multiple columns in a key, then all non-columns must depend on all of those key columns(not part of it). As well as non-key columns must only depend on key columns, and not other columns. I also learned more about entity relationships. Whether the relationship is weak or strong, and if it is one-many, one-one, or many-many.

However, there are still things I am confused about. I can put the pieces together with normalization, however, when viewing tables it still takes some time for me to see if it is in a specific normal form. I also need to learn more about b+ tree's and how to use them. I also need to learn more about storage in general as it would be crucial for large databases. Though I'm sure I will gain a better understanding of this as time goes on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 - Module 4

CST 300 - Module 2

CST 300 - Module 3